How to Revitalize Your Skincare Routine
What do CBD & Skincare have in common? As it turns out, quite a bit. In fact, people all over the world are beginning to wake up to the potential CBD skincare benefits and are making CBD a featured part of their daily skincare routine. From nourishing and hydrating to healing and supporting, the list of CBD skincare benefits is impressive. While results from initial studies are promising, there is no doubt that we still need more research before we say anything with certainty. However, user testimonials paint an exciting picture of CBD for skin care.
Now that we are heading into fall, our skincare routine is more important than ever. As the weather cools down and your skin starts to get dry, you’ll want to make sure that you have everything you need to stay feeling and looking your best throughout the winter months. So, we will cover all of the CBD skincare benefits you need to know, including how CBD works, why you should choose CBD for skin care, how to incorporate CBD into your skincare routine, and where to start. By the time you finish reading this, you’ll be an expert on CBD skin benefits. But just in case you have any questions, we’ve got you covered. Just reach out to us, and we’ll gladly walk you through anything you need help with. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s dive into everything you need to know about CBD skin benefits and more!
What is CBD
CBD is short for cannabidiol, which is a phytocannabinoid commonly found in both hemp and marijuana. A cannabinoid is a natural chemical compound found most commonly in cannabis plants. Cannabinoids interact with your endocannabinoid system, which regulates various bodily processes and maintains homeostasis. Unlike some cannabinoids, CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid, meaning it can’t get you “high.” As a result, CBD continues to gain attention for its potential therapeutic benefits, including its potential for natural skincare support.
How Does CBD Work
CBD interacts with receptors throughout your endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is a complex regulatory system that plays a crucial role in maintaining homeostasis, or balance, within various physiological processes. The endocannabinoid system contains receptors (CB1 & CB2) throughout the body. CB1 receptors are located primarily in the brain and central nervous system. However, CBD mainly interacts with CB2 receptors, which are mainly found in immune cells and peripheral tissues. Unlike other cannabinoids, CBD doesn’t bind directly to these receptors. Instead, it appears to modulate them. This modulation influences the production and inhibition of endocannabinoids, neurotransmitters, hormones, and enzymes, depending on what your body needs to maintain homeostasis. CBD also influences the effects of other phytocannabinoids, including THC.
For example, it is believed that CBD may regulate the production of sebum, which is an oil produced naturally by your skin. Sebum overproduction can lead to acne. So, CBD may provide natural acne management by regulating sebum production. However, we need sebum to help lock in moisture and provide natural UV protection. So, unlike some treatments that seek to block or dramatically reduce sebum products, your endocannabinoid system naturally helps facilitate a healthy balance that tackles the issue without creating another one.
Does CBD Skin Care Work?
Now that you understand how CBD works, you’re probably thinking to yourself, “That’s all well and good, but does CBD skin care work?” Unfortunately, the answer isn’t as straightforward as anyone would hope. Legally speaking, CBD is still relatively new. This means researchers haven’t had enough time to determine all the facts. While the evidence looks good so far, we can’t say for certain. That being said, preliminary research and testimonials alike show promise. So, the best way to find out if CBD skin care works for you is to try it. Some CBD skin care companies offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. Make sure you check the company return policy before purchasing any hemp skin care products.
If you’re reading this article, you probably already know a little bit about CBD. So enough with basics! Let’s get into why you should use CBD for skin healing, CBD skin care benefits you need to know about, hemp skin care products you should consider including in your routine, and what CBD skin care brands you need to try.
Why Choose CBD?
As we explained in the How CBD Works section above, the way CBD interacts with your endocannabinoid system allows your body to support itself by regaining balance or homeostasis. In other words, when using CBD oil for skin care or hemp skin care products, your body is given the tools it needs to heal. While in contrast, most modern treatments seek to block or severely alter the way our body is supposed to work. The way CBD works is one of the primary CBD benefits for skin. This non-intrusive, non-toxic, all-natural compound creates a foundation for healing without interrupting your body’s natural processes. But that’s not all.
CBD is non-intoxicating, non-addictive, and offers a natural alternative to traditional skincare products that force you to compromise your wellness routine. So, is CBD good for your skin? Considering all of this, who wouldn’t choose CBD for skin support?
What Does CBD Do for Skin: Top Nine CBD Skincare Benefits
Now that you know how CBD works and why you should choose CBD, you might be left with one question. Is CBD good for your skin? What does CBD do for skin? Here, we’ll break down both these questions and go over the top nine CBD benefits for skin that you need to know.
So, is CBD good for your skin?
CBD isn’t inherently good for your skin, but the processes CBD facilitates within your endocannabinoid system provide pivotal support. So, like everything else with CBD, the answers aren’t as straightforward as we’d like them to be, but luckily, there are thousands of testimonials about CBD benefits for skin, including CBD skin care for acne, CBD for dry skin, and more!
What Does CBD Do for Skin?
Many people know about CBD skin care for acne because it is one of the first things that pops up on a Google search about the benefits of CBD on skin. But there are so many more potential health benefits to using CBD for skin healing support and daily skincare than that. So let’s go through the top nine benefits of CBD for skin.
2. Acne Management: One of the most well-known potential CBD skin care benefits is CBD skin care for acne management. Acne is a common skin condition generally resulting from a combination of factors, including excess oil production, inflammation, and clogged hair follicles. Studies show that CBD may regulate the production of sebum. Sebum is a natural oil needed to maintain healthy skin, but sebum overproduction leads to acne. The natural regulation of sebum could reduce acne breakouts.
In fact, acne management is a common reason people try CBD skin care products for the first time. Because if preliminary research is on the right track and CBD regulates oil production, using CBD skin care for acne management and managing inflammatory skin diseases, skin conditions, skin irritation, and other health benefits is a promising option. As always, consult your board certified dermatologist or primary care physician before using CBD for specific conditions.
3. Moisturizer: The natural oils contained in most hemp skincare products provide moisturization and are enhanced by CBD. Moisturization is crucial for maintaining healthy skin and elasticity. Moisturization is also critical for preventing dryness, especially in the colder months. Using moisturizing CBD for dry skin is one of the most essential steps of any good skin care routine.
4. Antioxidant Potential: CBD is also believed to have antioxidant properties. Antioxidants protect the skin from free radical damage and pollutants. Antioxidants play a crucial role in helping you maintain healthy and well-nourished skin. Using a CBD infused product as part of your skin care routine supports neutralizing free radical damage and provides essential protection for your skin.
5. Sensitive Skin Relief: One of the most common skin problems is sensitive skin. Topical CBD skin care products may soothe skin irritation and reduce redness, providing relief for those with skin sensitivities and skin conditions. Most hemp derived CBD products contain other ingredients and essential oils with healing properties, which also support sensitive skin relief.
6. Potential Support for Skin Disorders: CBD may provide support for people who struggle with skin problems and inflammatory skin conditions. Most CBD skin care products contain essential oils and other soothing ingredients that provide relief. However, CBD’s potential anti-inflammatory properties potentially play a role in supporting these healing properties as well.
7. Aging Support / Wrinkle Reduction: CBD’s potentially potent antioxidant properties may help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, supporting general skin health and appearance.
8. Relieving Properties: Some CBD skin care products may have soothing properties that temporarily relieve everyday aches and soreness. So, if you’re looking for skin care support and relief, look to see if CBD is one of the primary active ingredients in the product.
9. Gentle on Your Skin: CBD is generally considered to be gentle and well-tolerated by most skin types. So, CBD products offer the perfect alternative to traditional skincare products if you have skin sensitivities.
We can’t say that we fully understand all of the CBD skin care benefits, benefits of CBD cream for skin, CBD face care, and CBD body care, but the potential we’ve seen up to this point is exciting. The next step in this journey to understanding CBD is a big one - more studies and more testing. While there is undoubtedly more to learn, it’s safe to say that what we know at this moment isn’t going to change overnight. So let’s take a look at how we can use everything we’ve learned about the importance of including the benefits of CBD on skin in our wellness routines.
How to Incorporate CBD Into Your Routine
Now that we’ve covered everything you need to know about CBD, how it works, and the benefits of CBD on skin, let’s dive into how you can incorporate topical CBD into your skin care routine. Whether you’re new to CBD or a self-proclaimed aficionado, this example of our ideal CBD skin care routine provides the perfect outline for anyone looking to include CBD skin products in their wellness routine. Remember, always use hemp skin products from thinnest to thickest - apply toners and serums before moisturizers and creams.
Morning Skincare Routine:
1. Cleanser: Start your morning routine with a CBD-infused cleanser. A clean face provides a fresh start for the day and is the best way to ensure you get the most out of your routine. This will cleanse your skin of dirt, oil, and other impurities while providing your skin with the topical benefits of CBD and other natural ingredients in the blend.
2. Toner: Next, apply a CBD toner to balance your skin’s pH levels and provide a soothing + hydrating boost. Ensure that your toner replenishes your skin fully after cleansing by seeking out toners with other soothing ingredients. Nobody wants to start their day with dry or irritated skin, so always check the ingredients when looking for CBD face products.
3. Serum: If you use a CBD serum for your face, use a CBD serum that targets your specific skincare concerns. Serums are easily absorbed and meant to hydrate and protect the skin while providing a potent antioxidant base. Not all serums provide anti-inflammatory benefits, so be sure to double-check to see if your serum is a CBD product before you buy.
4. Moisturizer: Skin hydration is a must. Moisturizing is the key to keeping your skin healthy and reducing the effects of aging. Apply regular or CBD-infused moisturizer to lock in moisture and create a protective layer to help maintain healthy skin texture. CBD moisturizers are a two-in-one powerhouse product because you’ll also enjoy the benefits of topical CBD while using CBD for dry skin.
Evening Skincare Routine:
1. Makeup Remover / Cleansing Oil: If you wear makeup or sunscreen, use a CBD-infused makeup remover before using a cleansing oil. This can help dissolve makeup, remove dirt and sunscreen, and cleanse the skin of impurities.
2. Cleanser: It never hurts to double cleanse at night. Follow up makeup removal with a CBD cleansing oil to remove any sweat, bacteria, irritants, and other impurities you’ve picked up during the day.
3. Exfoliate (1-2x a week): Use a CBD-infused exfoliant to gently remove dead skin cells and promote skin renewal. Exfoliants help unclog pores, smooth your skin texture, and help you show off the best of your complexion.
4. Toner: After cleansing, apply a CBD toner to hydrate the skin and balance its pH levels. This can be the same toner as your morning routine. Toners can help keep your skin hydrated through the night.
5. Serum: Apply a CBD serum that suits your nighttime concerns, such as calming and hydrating benefits. Night serums provide your skin with extra care while you sleep. Some of the best serums contain AHAs, BHAs, hyaluronic acid, and peptides. You may also enjoy antioxidant benefits when you use hemp skin care products.
6. Moisturizer: The best CBD skin care always includes a moisturizer! Repeat this method from the morning, preferably with hemp skin care products. Most CBD skin care companies have moisturizers, so it should be easy to find. You should also look for a more hydrating night-specific moisturizer.
7. Eye Cream: CBD eye cream is one of the best CBD beauty products. Use a CBD eye cream to target the concerns around the eye area, including dark circles, lines, and puffiness. Apply CBD eye cream at night to enjoy the soothing benefits of CBD for skin while you sleep.
8. Night Cream: Apply a CBD-infused night cream to nourish your skin and soak up potential anti-inflammatory benefits as you sleep. Night CBD creams and lotions contain other healing and hydrating ingredients, providing you with the best possible CBD skincare before bed.
9. Lip Balm: Finally, apply a CBD-infused lip balm to keep your lips hydrated through the night.
Things to Remember to Ensure the Best CBD Skin Care:
There are a few things to keep in mind when looking at any CBD skincare product or any of the best CBD beauty products. First, always look for reputable CBD skin care brands. Not all CBD skin care companies are the same. One way to do this is to check the ingredients and lab results from the CBD skin care line in question to ensure that what you see on the label is exactly what was put in the bottle. Secondly, watch out for hemp seed oil products vs. hemp skincare and CBD skincare products. Hemp seed oil is different from CBD, but some CBD products will be called “hemp.” The thing to look out for is seed oil. Seed oils do not contain the same beneficial natural compounds as hemp extracts and CBD products.
CBD Infused Skincare Alternatives
For those looking for more all-around support, using CBD oil for skin care is an option too. CBD oil benefits the skin in a few ways, even if you never put CBD oil directly on skin.
First, CBD may help you manage stress. The more balanced and less stressed you are, the healthier your skin will be. Secondly, CBD’s natural properties give your body the tools it needs to heal. So, when you use CBD products to manage stress or get relief, your skin benefits too. Although taking hemp oil or putting CBD oil on skin can help, the best CBD skincare still comes from topical CBD products. So, if you’re using CBD skincare for acne, skin conditions, or other skin problems, we recommend using topical CBD instead of CBD oil for skin care or directly putting CBD oil on skin.
The Next Steps for Healthier Skin
A good skincare routine is essential because it does more than make you look good - it helps you feel good. You can’t be your best if you don’t feel your best, and having healthier skin makes you happier. And now that you know everything about CBD skincare benefits, why not level up your skincare routine?
At CBD for Life, we take pride in being one of the original CBD skin care companies. So you can count on us to provide products that will become cornerstones of your skin & wellness routines. Our products are expertly formulated to help you be your best, and our 30-day money-back guarantee backs every order. So, let’s look at where you can get the best CBD skincare products online.
Best Place to Buy CBD Skincare Products Online
When it comes to CBD for skin care, there are more options than anyone knows what to do with. But as one of the best CBD skin care brands and earliest adopters of CBD skin care products, you can count on CBD for Life to provide a CBD infused product you can rely on. Whether you’re looking for CBD skin products, CBD face products, CBD for dry skin, CBD oil for skin, CBD serum for face and eyes, or you just want the best CBD skin care and best CBD beauty products, you’ve come to the right place.
As one of the first CBD skin care companies, we strive to provide an unrivaled CBD skin care line. So, if you don’t know where to start, let CBD for Life help you reimagine your skin care routine. Discovering the right skincare routine can be life-changing, so what are you waiting for? Find the CBD skincare products you have to have in your skincare routine right now.