Prep time: 20 minutes, divided
Chill time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 15-17 minutes
Equipment needed: handheld or stand mixer, baking sheets, parchment paper
Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 Ml CBD For Life Non-Flavored CBD Oil Tincture (can adjust up or down, if preferred)
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup white cane sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 ¼ cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour (or you can use regular baking flour)
2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
9 oz semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
2 tsp lukewarm or room temperature water (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the softened butter with the CBD tincture. Mix until thoroughly combined, then set aside for 3-5 minutes as you prepare the dry ingredients.
3. In a medium bowl, add flour, rolled oats, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon. Stir the dry mix with a fork or whisk to ensure even distribution of ingredients. Set aside.
4. Add brown sugar and cane sugar to the CBD-infused butter, and mix at a medium speed until fluffy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. Add eggs and vanilla to the butter bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
6. Gradually, add the dry mix to the wet mix, adding the 2 tsp of water if the mixture is too dry.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spoon or spatula and stir gently to combine.
8. Place the dough in the refrigerator for 20 minutes (or longer) to help prevent the cookies from spreading too much.
9. Roll the chilled cookie dough into TBSP-sized balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
10. Bake for 15-17 minutes, depending on desired done-ness. (Chewy cookies usually take 15 minutes, while crispy ones take 17 minutes.)
Store cookies in a cool, dark place.
The terpenes in CBD oil begin to break down above 340 F, so Kucich recommends baking at 325 F for a longer amount of time to ensure potency. If you have less time, baking at 350 F for a short duration of 11-13 minutes should still preserve most of the potency of the CBD oil.